Butt scores century in comeback match

first_img Rehabilitation Responsibility accepted Both players ultimately accepted their responsibility before the ICC lifted their bans. The PCB agreed a six-month rehabilitation programme for the duo that included lectures to younger cricketers on anti-corruption before allowing them to compete in domestic matches. “I am very relaxed, the toughest phase of my life is over,” Asif said. “This one-day tournament will help me gauge where I stand … International cricket is my target but I have to do well in the domestic matches before I can hope (for) international cricket.” Pakistan coach Waqar Younis said last week that, if they perform well in domestic matches, both players deserve another chance in international cricket. ISLAMABAD (AP): Former Pakistan captain Salman Butt smashed a century and fast bowler Mohammad Asif took two wickets as the convicted spot-fixers made their first appearance yesterday in competitive cricket after being away for more than five years. Butt scored 135 off 143 balls with 14 fours while Asif took 2-22 as they led the Water and Power Development Authority to a convincing 141-run victory over Federally Administered Tribal Areas in a one-day cup match in Hyderabad. “I hope that this is the new beginning,” Butt said. “As long as I will get more matches, I will improve.” Both players were eligible to compete from last September when their bans ended but first had to go through the Pakistan Cricket Board’s rehabilitation programme. Asif, Butt and fast bowler Mohammad Amir were banned for at least five years for deliberate no-balls at a 2010 Test match against England. Butt was captain of the team for the Lord’s Test. Amir pleaded guilty from the onset, which accelerated the left-arm fast bowler’s return to the national team, Butt and Asif went on to challenge the bans until their appeals were rejected by the Court of Arbitration for Sport.last_img read more

Makerere Lecturer Dr Stella Nyanzi Charged with Cyber Harassment

first_imgStella Nyanzi arrives at Buganda Road Court on Monday (Courtesy Photo) Advertisement Makerere University Research fellow Dr. Stella Nyanzi has been charged with cyber harassment and offensive talk against President Yoweri Museveni and the first family.The charges arise from a series of Facebook Posts that the controversial researcher has been running, most of which attack the person of the President and the First Lady, Hon. Janet Kataaha Museveni.Dr. Nyanzi was arrested on Saturday and detained at Kiira Division Police from where he was arraigned before the Buganda Road magistrates Court on Monday Afternoon. – Advertisement – State argues that she, in her publications acted in contravention to Section 24 of the Computer Misuse Act of 2011 and Section 25 of the same Act that controls use of Offensive Communication.Stella Nyanzi arrives at Buganda Road Court on Monday (Courtesy Photo)According to the court charge sheet which PC Tech Magazine is in possession of, Dr. Nyanzi “on January 28 this year used a computer to post on her Facebook page, a suggestion or proposal referring President Yoweri Museveni as among others, a pair of buttocks, which proposal is obscene or indecent.”“Stella Nyanzi between January 2017 and March 2017 in Kampala District willfully and repeatedly used electronic communication to post messages offensive in nature via Facebook, transmitted over the internet to disturb the peace, quiet or right of privacy of the President,” the statement further reads.The same cases have led to the suspension of Dr. Nyanzi from Makerere University, for the second in a period of less than one year.He has not been allowed to make any plea as per the charges read to her although state argues that she suffers a mental disorder.They have since prayed for an order of detention for a fortnight to check her mental state.[related-posts]last_img read more