Oleg Butković: The construction of the bridge between the mainland and the island of Čiovo must be completed by June 15, 2018.

first_imgAfter the 60th session of the Government, the Minister of the Sea, Transport and Infrastructure, Oleg Butković, stated that the construction of the bridge between the mainland and the island of Čiovo must be completed by June 15 next year, according to the tender.Answering questions from journalists, Butković said that it was announced yesterday that a decision had been made on the selection of contractors and that Čiovo must be ready by June 15, 2018. The tender states, eight months after signing the contract, Butković said, adding that he believes all the hardships and problems are behind us. “The fact is that there were a lot of problems with this project, not the problems created by the state or Croatian Roads, but the contractor got into trouble and we had to terminate the contract, announce a new tender and now it is moving towards contracting.”, Pointed out Butković, he writes HRT.On Wednesday, Hrvatske ceste (HC) confirmed that they had selected a community of bidders, the Split Road Company and Strabag, for the construction of the mainland-Ciovo bridge, with an estimated value of HRK 95 million excluding VAT. At the end of August, HC received two bids from the community of bidders – Split and Strabag Road Companies, worth HRK 119,8 million (excluding VAT), and Pomgrad, Zagreb montaže and Đuro Đaković Group, worth HRK 113,5 million (excluding VAT). And).HC selected the offer of the Split and Strabag Road Company, assessing it as the most favorable, and since this is a higher price offer than the estimated value of the works, HC confirms that it will have secured funds. The project of building a bridge between the mainland and the island of Ciovo, 547 meters long and worth more than 207 million kuna, is among the European funding projects, with 176,7 million kuna or 85 percent financed from EU funds.last_img read more

Declare Emergency on Sports, Rojenny Tells Obiano

first_imgThe sports facility investor said the N10billion Rojenny Complex was under-utilised because such activities as inter-house sports, school sports, state sports festival and other organised games were no more taking place in the state.“I am calling on Gov. Obiano to declare state of emergency in sports and sports development in Anambra.“I declare my lack of confidence in those that are in charge of sports management and administration in Anambra and hereby call for their sack and replacement with vibrant creative, proactive and talented people.“Anybody who sees this over N10 billion sports facilities lie idle and is not moved is an enemy of sports and youths, I invested in sports because I wanted to develop and help government manage our youths,” he said.In his remark, the Chairman of SWAN in Anambra, Anthony Oji, lauded Ezeonwuka for building the biggest sports complex East of the Niger way back in 1986 in the interest of youth development.Oji said the body decided to visit and inspect the facility to draw the attention of the world to it, adding that his contribution to Nigerian sports development have been under celebrated.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram David-Chyddy Eleke in AwkaThe Managing Director of Rojenny Sports and Tourist Village, Oba, Rommy Ezeonwuka has called on Anambra State Governor, Willie Obiano, to declare a state of emergency on the sports sector.Ezeonwuka made the call while addressing the leadership of Sports Writers Association of Nigeria (SWAN), Anambra at the stadium in Oba, Idemili South yesterday.He said sports administrators in the state had failed the youth because of their inability to conceptualise and implement programmes that were amenable to sporting excellence.last_img read more