India Today Web Desk New DelhiMarch 27, 2019UPDATED: March 27, 2019 10:59 IST Fatima Sana ShaikhEvery Friday, the fortune of Bollywood stars changes. Fatima Sana Shaikh, who made a stunning debut in Nitesh Tiwari’s sports drama Dangal, could not recreate the same success with her second outing, Vijay Krishna Acharya’s Thugs Of Hindostan.Not only was Thugs Of Hindostan unanimously panned by critics, it failed to set the cash registers ringing as well. However, Fatima is unfazed by the criticism and revealed that she looks forward to it.”I love taking criticism because that means people are interested in you. It’s better to get something than nothing. If they ignore you then you have not made a mark,” she told a leading publication.Fatima added that not all criticism should be taken to heart. “I like the criticism that you keep seeing. Of course, you should not take everything seriously. You should take what makes sense. But I don’t mind it,” she said.Currently, Fatima is busy shooting for Anurag Basu’s next, which is rumoured to be a sequel to his successful Life…In A Metro. The actress, who is paired opposite Rajkummar Rao in the film, is extremely excited to be a part of it.”Despite attaining such stardom, Rajkummar has not changed one bit. It’s a very special film. Also, when you have a genius filmmaker like Anurag Basu, what more can you ask for?” she said.The as-yet untitled film, which also features Abhishek Bachchan, Aditya Roy Kapur, Sanya Malhotra and Pankaj Tripathi in key roles, is scheduled to hit the theatres on September 6 this year.advertisementALSO READ: People assume I’m not a good person, says Fatima Sana Shaikh on rumours of affair with Aamir KhanALSO SEE: Fatima Sana Shaikh shows off her navel in a saree, trolls ask about her scarALSO WATCH: All you need to know about Aamir’s reel daughters, Fatima Sana Shaikh and Sanya MalhotraGet real-time alerts and all the news on your phone with the all-new India Today app. Download from Post your comment Do You Like This Story? Awesome! Now share the story Too bad. Tell us what you didn’t like in the comments Tags :Follow Fatima Sana Shaikh Fatima Sana Shaikh on criticism: Better to get something than nothingFatima Sana Shaikh feels that criticism is not a bad thing, as it means that people are interested in you.advertisement
With Brad Wall’s departure from politics, the private sector is losing an ally whose voice reverberated louder than most on the public stage.During his 10-year tenure as Saskatchewan’s premier, Wall’s reputation as an advocate of free enterprise grew, whether he was defending the interests of potash or the oilpatch.“He has been a strong champion for pipelines, for oil and gas, for enabling Saskatchewan to reach its economic potential,” said Tim McMillan, CEO of the Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers. McMillan previously served in several key cabinet portfolios in Wall’s government including energy.“We will certainly miss his leadership,” McMillan said.When he was sworn in as premier in November 2007, Wall inherited a province gushing in oil revenue thanks to high crude prices. Still, he ushered in a wave of belt-tightening measures in the years ahead, partly in anticipation of the volatility of resource revenues.“During his term as premier we dramatically changed to a ‘can-do’ province,” said John Hopkins, CEO of the Regina and District Chamber of Commerce.“We witnessed record growth in terms of jobs, income, and investment and it really changed from being a place to be from … to being a place to be because there were a lot of things going on.”Scott Saxberg, CEO of Crescent Point Energy, said Wall’s consistent taxation and energy regulation policies helped enable his company to become the largest oil and gas producer in the province.“He’s probably been one of our greatest leaders in Canada,” he said.Saxberg and leaders of some other Calgary-based oil and gas companies with operations in Saskatchewan were invited in March to move their head offices there, a move that irked Alberta Premier Rachel Notley but for which Wall was unapologetic.That illustrates both Wall’s role as “Our No. 1 cheerleader” and the province’s growing economic clout, even if it didn’t result in any big company moves, said Steve McLellan, CEO of the Saskatchewan Chamber of Commerce.“Decades ago, people would have laughed out of those Calgary offices to hear a Saskatchewan premier invite them to come here,” McLellan said.“(Now) it’s a logical consideration.”While he was a proponent of the free market, he also stood against any measures he perceived as a threat to his home province’s economy.A defining moment in Wall’s career occurred in 2010, when he aggressively opposed a hostile takeover bid of PotashCorp, a former provincial Crown corporation, by Australia’s BHP Billiton. The acquisition was eventually blocked by the federal government.Wall is supporting the current proposed merger of PotashCorp with Calgary-based Agrium, in part because its head office would remain in Saskatoon.Colleen Collins, vice-president of the Canada West Foundation think tank, said Wall has been a strong voice for removing trade barriers in Western Canada and the Northwestern United States.“He’s taken on a role as a spokesman for the West,” Collins said. “Losing someone of that experience and vision is going to be really unfortunate.”While he was generally lauded in corporate quarters, others, including those from labour and environmental organizations, have a less favourable view of Wall’s legacy.Bob Bymoen, president of the Saskatchewan Government and General Employees’ Union, said Wall’s time in power has been defined by privatizing government departments and replacing workers with private contractors and consultants.“I hope the next premier doesn’t have such a hate-on for unions, that he respects working people and their right to organize and form a union,” said Bymoen, who represents about 20,000 government workers.His government’s long-standing opposition to a carbon tax also drew scorn from environmental groups.It’s a position that puts him “on the wrong side of history,” said Keith Stewart, a senior energy strategist with Greenpeace Canada.Follow @HealingSlowly on Twitter.
The large convoy, consisting of 10 buses with more than 300 people and five trucks of humanitarian supplies, officially notified UNMIK of its arrival only on 12 July — too short a time in terms of required notification, according to Susan Manuel, a spokeswoman for the UN Interim Administration Mission in Kosovo (UNMIK).As the security could not be arranged in time, UNMIK decided that the convoy could not travel through Kosovo, Ms. Manuel said. A compromise was found on 13 July for a smaller convoy to come on 15 July, but the convoy organizers chose to attempt entrance on 14 July with the full entourage.KFOR, the international security force in Kosovo, stopped the convoy to prevent possible incidents. Because of some protest among the population against the convoy, KFOR transferred all supplies onto KFOR lorries and allowed some Serb representatives to monitor delivery. Five small convoys then delivered the supplies to several enclaves, completing the operation on Sunday.”We do not oppose such visits,” the spokeswoman said, “but we have a clear policy on notification in order to make the needed security arrangements.”