To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro called Monday for the world to fight against “hegemony” and “imperialist ideas” during the UN General Assembly’s virtual summit.In a pre-recorded speech, Maduro, accused by UN investigators of crimes against humanity, denounced “the world of hegemony, the world of imperialism” and insisted on the need to be “united” in the face of the coronavirus pandemic. “Venezuela supports a multipolar world, a renewed UN system, a system that knows how to enforce international law and protect the people of the world,” he said, condemning US attacks on the World Health Organization, without explicitly naming the country. “The irresponsible behavior of the United States is the greatest danger to international peace and security,” he said. “It seems that [the US] is at war with the planet… and its inhabitants,” Rodriguez Parrilla said, condemning the “economic, commercial and financial blockade” Washington imposed on Cuba. Topics : “This is not the time to insult, to threaten the WHO, it is now the time to unite in its favor,” he said.”The world defeated fascism 75 years ago. The world will also win against those who seek hegemony, against imperialist ideas, and it will be able to defeat neo-fascism,” said the socialist leader, whose legitimacy in office is no longer recognized by more than 50 countries.Maduro is due Wednesday to deliver another virtual speech before the UN during the annual General Assembly, which he has not physically participated in since 2018.Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez Parrilla also criticized the US. “On this 75th anniversary of the UN, multilateralism and international law are threatened by the largest global power.
Immediately after escaping, Changpan visited his wife and children in Cilaku village, Bogor regency, West Java, where he used to run a tire recycling business that is now managed by his wife with the help of several employees.Cilaku village neighborhood unit head, Pendi, confirmed that he had visited the village to see his wife and children. “He stopped briefly at the village to see his wife. I didn’t see him when he left,” Pendi said. The police have questioned Changpan’s wife and family. (dpk)Topics : The Jakarta Police are continuing their search for Chinese national Cai Changpan, a death row inmate who escaped from a Banten prison last month, after he was spotted by locals in Tenjo Forest, Bogor, West Java,.“Some of the villagers reported that Changpan entered the forest. We already dispatched several teams to check the area,” Metro Jaya Police spokesman Sr. Comm. Yusri Yunus said last week, as quoted by kompas.com. Changpan, who was convicted of drug trafficking in 2017, first escaped in January 2017, but was captured three days later. In September, Changpan escaped again from the Tangerang penitentiary in Banten via a tunnel he dug inside his block. He had dug the hole every night for eight months using a range of tools including a shovel, a screwdriver, a chisel, a water pump and a hose. To avoid detection, he covered the opening with his bed. The police are still investigating how Changpan obtained the tools.Read also: Two Tangerang prison officers dismissed following escape of death row inmate
Myrna Pearce was grew up in this Monaco St home and as seen all the changes in the area through the years. It’s on the market for the first time. Picture Glenn Hampson.IT IS 1962 on the Gold Coast.Highrises are still a novelty, the roads don’t have gutters and a brand new E J Holden costs £1051.A teenage Myrna Pearce would mingle among the gum trees of hectares of bare land where her late parents, Bruce and Lorna Bertram, snapped up their three-bedroom Monaco St house for just £6000.Myrna Pearce grew up in this Monaco St home. Picture Glenn Hampson.Little did they know they were buying into what would become the most expensive street on the Gold Coast in 2017.Ms Pearce said the house was one of the first to be built on the street.“The street was basically bare,” Ms Pearce said. “There were three to four gum trees up the road and I was able to roam around and spent plenty of time around the canals.“My dad would have his boat anchored out the back.”156 Monaco St, Broadbeach Waters.Ms Pearce, a grandmother of one, only moved out of the house this year and said it was her father, the secretary manager of the Burleigh Golf Club, who wanted to live on Monaco St.More from news02:37Purchasers snap up every residence in the $40 million Siarn Palm Beach North6 hours ago02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa1 day ago“We looked at another house on the Isle of Capri for £6000 but Dad was keen on this house. This was his dream house and it’s the reason I wanted to stay here so long.”The interior, albeit stripped back, is striking and has bags of reno potential.Ms Pearce has fond memories in the house, including her 1973 wedding reception.She said the time was right to take her family home to auction next month.The house is virtually untouched with the original barbecue, bath and kitchen in place. “I’d like to see another family love it as much as my family have loved it,” she said.Ms Pearce has watched the street transform over the years into a residential playground for the rich and famous.“It started being developed in the early 1970s,” she said. “It stopped for a bit when we had the floods and took off again in the early 1980s.”In need of a bit of TLC.Monaco St now has some of the biggest residences on the Gold Coast with some properties changing hands for more than $9 million in recent months.“I actually think prices will go higher here,” she said.“People want to live here because it’s so central. You can walk to the beach and walk to shopping centres.”Ray White Prestige agent Sherry Smith is marketing the 551sq m property and said it was a rare find.“The position is one of the best addresses on the Gold Coast and it’s possibly one of the most affordable waterfront properties in Broadbeach Waters.”The auction is on August 12.
Those surviving who will cherish George’s memory include his loving wife of over 47 years, Betty McDaniel; son, Chris (Kendra) McDaniel of Brookville; granddaughters, Ashton E. and Autumn N. McDaniel, and a brother, Bob McDaniel of Peppertown. Besides his parents, he was preceded in death by sisters, Geraldine Kelley, Thelma Greenway, Mary Deaton, Pat Flowers, and infant twins, as well as brothers, Kenneth McDaniel and Joe McDaniel. George A. McDaniel, of Brookville, was born on February 23, 1941 in Salt Creek Township – Franklin County, the son of Lloyd W. and Sconobia Cleo Carroll McDaniel. He served his country with the United States Navy from 1959 to 1964. George married Betty J. Pennington on June 28, 1969 at Calvary Baptist Church in Connersville and she survives. He was a Charter Member of the Sheriff’s Mounted Patrol and a member of the Bernard Hurst Post #77 American Legion. He retired from Sperry Rubber after 40 years of employment. George enjoyed woodworking, hunting, gardening, and he loved to fish. He also collected guns and was a member of the NRA. What George enjoyed the most, though was spending time with his family, especially his granddaughters. On Friday, March 3, 2017 at the age of 76, he passed away at his residence. Memorial contributions may be directed to Franklin County EMS or to Franklin County CAN. To sign the online guestbook or to leave a personal condolence, please visit www.cookrosenberger.com. The staff of Cook Rosenberger Funeral Home is honored to care for the family of George McDaniel. Friends may visit with the family on Monday, March 6, 2017 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Cook Rosenberger Funeral Home, 929 Main Street, Brookville. Rick Atkins will officiate the funeral service on Tuesday at 11 a.m. at the funeral home. Burial will follow in Sims Cemetery with military honors provided by the Bernard Hurst Post #77 American Legion.
By Don MartinWHITE CITY, Ore. (May 7) – Driving a great race from his pole position start, multi-time track champion Mark Wauge won the 25-lap Xtreme Motor Sports IMCA Modified main event Saturday night at Southern Oregon Speedway.Wauge hinted at possibly racing for another championship and his win was not easy with Matt Duste shadowing his every move up front. The season-opening feature ran non-stop.Wauge and Jesse Bailey shared the front row and ran 1-2 before Duste made an inside pass to grab second. Nick Trenchard took over third and Wauge was in lapped traffic by the 12th circuit.The leader never really shook Duste off of his tail in the caution-free event but drove a great race for the victory. Jesse Bailey collected a third place finish ahead of Albert Gill and Trenchard.Jorddon Braaten kicked off his title defense in style by winning the Karl Chevrolet Northern SportMod feature. Braaten had a mid-race challenge from Dwayne Melvin before collecting the victory.Braaten raced past front row starters Melvin and Garrett Hamilton to lead the opening lap. Randy Fernandes exited after the first caution. Working lap nine, Melvin got a run down the back stretch and passed Braaten for the lead, only to have the pass negated by a yellow flag.Braaten continued to lead Melvin and Nelson on the restart, and the lead trio ran in that order the rest of the way.
Zach Fettinger was first to the checkers in the Saturday feature for IMCA Modifieds at Southern Oregon Speedway. (Photo by Don Martin II)By Don Martin IIWHITE CITY, Ore. (July 7) – After taking the lead from Mark Wauge on lap 10, Zach Fettinger went on to win the 20-lap IMCA Modified main event Saturday at Southern Oregon Speedway.He won by a straightaway advantage at the checkered flag as Albert Gill settled for second.The feature had to be restarted after a lap one caution and that was the only yellow flag of the race. Wauge raced into the lead at the start, followed by Gill and Fettinger. Fettinger slipped past Gill for second on lap three, and the lead three cars ran in close formation at the front of the pack.A low move in turn two of the 10th lap put Fettinger into the lead and he was soon lapping slower cars. Wauge retired from second on lap 13, and Trenchard made a move around Gill for second a lap later. However, Gill came charging by on lap 15 to regain the position.Branden Wilson made a last-lap pass to score a surprising Karl Chevrolet Northern SportMod victory. The race had been led for much of the distance by 2016 Yreka champion Jimmy Lipke, who settled for second.
Connor admitted rookie David Davis, recalled on Tuesday from a loan spell at Chesterfield, could come into his plans to face Rovers. He said: “David is fit and has been playing well. He’ll keep that competition for places going. He’s ready and he’s training well so, if I think he’s ready to play in our first team, that’s where he has to play.” Connor knows he has to pick the players up after the mauling by Fulham and also stop making goal-costing errors. He said: “We started that process (rebuilding confidence) on Monday. We viewed the game, and sat down as a group. “We looked at it and said that it wasn’t as good as it was against Newcastle. “We spoke amongst ourselves and we put that to bed. Now all our energy is looking forward to playing on Saturday against Blackburn, which is obviously a massive game.” Edwards is struggling to overcome the knee injury which kept him out of Sunday’s 5-0 defeat by Fulham at Craven Cottage. But his absence will be of more significance this weekend as Karl Henry has also been sidelined for three to four weeks with a hamstring injury suffered against the Cottagers. Wolves caretaker manager Terry Connor confirmed: “Dave Edwards has irritated the medial side of his knee and hasn’t trained for two weeks. That leaves him very doubtful for Saturday.” Wolves’ midfield problems have increased with David Edwards rated “very doubtful” for Saturday’s Barclays Premier League relegation battle with Blackburn at Molineux. Press Association
New Delhi: Australian all-rounder James Faulkner on Tuesday clarified that he wasn’t a gay after his social media post with “boyfriend” Robert Jubb triggered speculations of the cricketer being a homosexual. Faulkner, who is currently out of the team, celebreted his 29th birthday on Monday. He had posted a picture with his mother Roslyn and “boyfriend” Jubb with the hashtag #togetherfor5years.The post was seen by many in a good taste with several fans even congratulating him for coming out of the closet to show his sexuality. Although Faulkner thanked the LGBT community and fans for their support but cleared that he was not homosexual.”There seems to be a misunderstanding about my post from last night, I am not gay, however, it has been fantastic to see the support from and for the LBGT community.”Let’s never forget love is love, however @robjubbsta is just a great friend. Last night marked five years of being housemates! Good on everyone for being so supportive,” he clarified in another post.In a statement, the Cricket Australia also apologised to the LGBQTI community for any unintended offence and insisted that the social commentary by the cricketer was not a joke.”Cricket Australia does not consider the social commentary this morning from James Faulkner to be a joke, nor does James. His comment was made as a genuine reflection of his relationship with his business partner, best friend and house mate of five years,” the board said in its statement.In 2017, the Australian government made same-sex marriages legal. Following the law, Australia’s women cricketer Megan Schutt got married to her long-time partner Jess Holyoake on March 31, 2019. Another famous homosexual relationships in the cricketing world are of South African captain Dane van Niekerk who married her teammate Marizanne Kapp in 2018 and New Zealand’s Amy Satterthwaite who tied the knot with Lea Tahuhu in 2017.Below is the post that created the confusion: For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
The Head of Technical for the 21st African Senior Athletics Championships dubbed Asaba 2018, Yussuf Alli, has confirmed the full delivery of all the equipment needed to host the biennial championship.Alli said he was very excited that the equipment delivered for Asaba 2018 are the best available anywhere in the world and some even surpass the required standard to host the African championship.â€œWe have all the equipment delivered to us already, in some areas we even have more than what is needed from us,â€ he said. â€œI can tell you for fact that the sets of equipment we have on the ground are even good enough to host the World Championships,â€ an elated Alli said as the installation of some of the equipment were being carried out.Alli, a former African Long Jump record holder noted that the Delta State Government deserve huge commendations as they have chosen to raise the bar by getting world-class equipment for the African championships.â€œWhat Delta state have presently, no state in the country has anything close and it only shows the commitment of the governor and his cabinet to consciously invest in Sports and by extension youth devolvement.â€œRight now, I can tell you that Delta State is super ready to host the African Championships and even If Nigeria is called upon today to host the World Championships, we are equal to the task,â€ Alli assured athletics stakeholders in the country.With the African Senior Athletics Champions now itching closer, the Local Organizing Committee has scheduled a crucial meeting for Wednesday.The meeting according to the scribe for the LOC, Akawo Amechi will take place at the LOC Secretariat (Delta State Football House) on Maryam Babangida Way, Asaba, Delta State by 10 am.Among other things, the LOC members will be embarking on a fresh inspection tour of hotels and other facilities that will all be used for the Asaba 2018 African Senior Athletics Championship.Over 52 countries are expected to feature in the African Championships billed to hold from Aug 1-5.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram